Tuesday 3 November 2015

Vegan Toolkit class

On Sunday, my Sister & I had the pleasure of going to The Vegetarian Society in Altrincham for a "Vegan Toolkit" class. 

As you may be aware, we have been Vegetarians all our lives & are recently looking into becoming Vegan after reading & educating ourselves what happens in the Dairy industries too.. It just doesn't sit right with us so are learning a Vegan diet. 

This class is designed to teach you basics of what plant based products can replace Dairy products in every day ingredients such as Mayonnaise or a base of a cake mix. The class was so valuable & taught you every day skills unlike some courses which teach you really tricky recipes that just aren't maintainable day to day! 

Here's some of what we made:

Very briefly, the spread includes things like Lentil cakes, Broad Bean Strogannof, Pesto Pasta, Spicy Brocolli tart, Tofu Meatball Lasagne & Mushroom pate. It was delicious! We also made pudding of Gooseberry mousse, Almond Creme & fresh fruits & also Lemon Cheesecake. 


We also learnt that not all wines are Vegetarian as they have ingredients such as Fish swim bladders used in the fermenting process. The things people use in our foods are gross!

I'm not someone who usually enjoys cooking, but I felt so relaxed and chilled after, I felt like I had spent the day at the spa! So I am keen to continue to experiment with different dishes as I went away feeling inspired & with some good tricks under my belt to help me make the Vegan transition.


 Saffron xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment