Sunday 29 March 2015

Sunday feelings

Happy Sunday people!

Everyone who knows me, will know that I am a mega worrier & planner. Sometimes the planning side can be a good trait... But other times, it can be a real pain in the neck; disabling me from being able to enjoy the now because I am so worried about planning for the future. 

I have been struggling with this feeling for a week or so now, so thought it may be a good topic for my blog.. To help others out there to talk themselves out of their anxious feelings & back into enjoying the now. It may also help some people who live with someone who acts this way, so you can share ideas with them to help them relax next time. 

The main things that help me when I am worrying & anxious are to: 

1) write down what is bothering me
2) break the task down into bite size chunks & write in my diary when I can achieve different parts of the task & get it done on that particular date 
3) Talk- I usually talk to my husband, my family & my best friend (people who really understand how you can act & understand how it makes you feel)
4) take time out to do what relaxes you, whether it be a walk/a film/a bath/read/exercise to clear your head
5) keep a journal- when I don't feel like talking about my feelings, I write in my journal as it helps me to empty my head & seems to make things clearer when it's all written down
6) read quotes- this helps me to understand I am not the only one & makes me feel more confident in my feelings

Some quotes that have really helped me in the past: 


The last one above is my favourite!

I also worry about money a lot and always wish I had a better paid job. But these quotes help me to put things in perspective:


I hope at least 1/2 of what I have written above/the quotations help you! I have only recently started talking about my feelings & believe that mindfulness & self care & understanding is really important. 

Have a good week guys,
Saff xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment