Thursday 19 March 2015

Vegan love

Hope everyone is having a good week... One more get up until the weekend! We're almost there :-)

Thought I would do a bit of a different post today & talk about my main passion in life... & that is animal welfare! Now I have always been a vegetarian, but lately I have been learning of the harm that comes to animals in the dairy industry too.. So I am very gradually transitioning to becoming Vegan!

I would be interested to know if any of my readers are vegetarian or vegan? What is your stance on the dairy industry?

Anyway, my sister & I tried a new vegan cafe that has recently opened in our local town of Newcastle Under Lyme: 'RAWR'. We have been waiting for a place like this & we were not disappointed. 

We both got a bit of almost everything to sample it! We got a fresh coconut, a smoothie (they have so many yummy flavours there), a 'mexicana' sandwich which was made with sweet fig bread, avocado, humous, rocket & sweet chilli jam. It was soooo good! 


We also got some superfood salad & vegan brownies! 


We took the brownies home as we were so full after our lunch! Our trip was a great kickstart into the vegan diet & the food was honestly so tasty & super healthy! I have a feeling it could be the future :)

Saffron xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment