Tuesday 16 February 2016

10 years

On Sunday, my Hubby & I celebrate our 10 year anniversary! 10 years! I must say, the time has flown. 

It's been a full 10 years since I was walked down the road by my Mum to meet him. Who would have thought, that evening when I walked down in the rain with my "My Little Pony" umbrella (only one I could find, I hasten to add) that I would be meeting my future Hubby, face to face for the first time. 

I remember the scent of his aftershave & when I returned from our first date, my mum saying "you have that sparkle in your eye", I certainly did. I was falling in love.

Ever since then, we have been inseparable & it has been pretty perfect! Obviously life brings its ups & downs, but these are things we have faced as a partnership, together, always supporting each other through difficult/challenging times. 

I have received a number of raised eyebrows in the past about being married at 23 & still very much happily married & 10 years in to our relationship at 25. There's no secret, we just work! It sounds like a cliche, but we are best friends as well as lovers. 

We stick together, support each other & most of all communicate & prioritise us. We have a laugh together & have fun together & we totally just get each other. We give each other advice, a shoulder to cry on, a listening ear... We are partners in crime!  

We make sure we have regular date nights to give us that time to make an effort for each other & get out of our pjs! Literally all week, we get home from work, shower, in our pjs & chill! He treats me like a Princess & I treat him like a Prince - be kind to each other, be honest & keep that spark alive! 

I'm a very lucky lady- he is my rock- and a handsome one at that! xoxox





No comments:

Post a Comment