Sunday 13 March 2016

A little lighter

One week into my FODMAP diet, I am feeling much better & as a bonus, I am also a few pounds lighter!

Anyone who doesn't know what FODMAP is... Take a look at my previous post. Otherwise, carry on reading. 

This time last week I was feeling a tad stressed about everything I needed to eliminate & was apprehensive as to whether it would actually make a change. 

I can safely say that this week I have had no IBS episodes, none what so ever which is a massive change from my 3-4 episodes a week. I'm not expecting things to carry on 100% the whole way through, but it's looking pretty promising so far. 

So what have I actually eaten? 

Example lunch: Quinoa with whole grain rice, salad, cherry tomatoes & feta cheese. I would follow this with 2 Gluten-free rice cakes with peanut butter. 


Example tea: marinated tofu, zucchini, mashed potato & carrots. 


Example tea 2: mashed carrots, steamed Birds Eye veg pack & tofu seasoned with Salt & Pepper 


Example snack/pudding: Gluten-free rice cakes made with Almond Butter & vegan cocoa butter- made ever so kindly by my sister! 


I am also able to eat out! This is a Wagamamas lunch with Katsu sweet potato curry, then I changed the rice for rice noodles as I'm allowed those! 


Gluten free tortillas at Las Iguanas!! Followed by 


Honey roasted vegetable & haloumi skewers & gluten free rice. 

Las iguanas is awesome for Veggies/Vegans/Gluten-free diets (which I am now mostly all 3!) fab date aren't I... 

But with a bit of planning & some alterations ahead for this week to make my tofu more interesting, I'm all set to see what week 2 will bring. 

Week 1: No episodes 
Weightloss: -4 lbs
Countdown: 1 down, 5 weeks to go!

I would just like to point out that weightloss isn't a goal of this diet plan, it seems to be an added bonus! My only goal is to eradicate my IBS or lessen it at least! 

... Although, looking less beached whale will be a bonus for Mexico in 7 weeks time!

Have a good one, 


Saffron xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment