Monday 28 March 2016

Spring has sprung

Happy Easter Bank Holiday everyone!! Hope everyone is feeling equally gynormous as I am following lots of yummy food & chocolate with friends & family. 

I failed with my weekly update for you last Sunday & am only just getting round to doing this week's! FODMAP is going swimmingly, it seems to be really working. Hurray! I had a slip up last week where I had an episode, but after looking into what I had eaten the night before, I had eaten Fajita seasoning which contained Soy. 

Given.. The episode wasn't as bad as they have been in the past, but my tummy didn't like it. 

This week I have been really good bar Chocolate this weekend (it is Easter after all). My tummy hasn't particularly enjoyed it, but it hasn't had a massive effect, so I'm starting to think Lactose isn't a trigger. 

So far I am thinking Soy to be the culprit! Whether it's Soy Protein, Soy Beans or Soya... And thinking about it before I started FODMAP, I would have Soya Protein at every meal in Quorn.

Im also thoroughly enjoying the meals & im just feeling healthier in myself! Eating more heavily this weekend for Easter has just made me feel gross. I fully endorse this healthier way of living & it's giving me more energy too. At the start it was making me more sluggish but I'm all good, & living pretty much IBS free/reduced is a huge relief. 

Here's some examples of meals I've been having:


One of my faves & go-to as its super quick! Tofu & Zuchini fried in Sesame Oil & Sesame seeds, super tasty! 


Gluten-free pasta in fresh Pesto sauce with Courgetti, made using my spiraliser- again super yummy & simple. 


This was a Soy sauce stir fry with spiralised carrots & Zuchini as the noodles! 


A simple roast dinner with tofu on the side. 

If you suffer with IBS, I would definitely recommend you giving this a go. 

Saffron xoxo 

Weight: 6lbs lighter (this is post Easter eggs too!) added bonus!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment