Friday 4 October 2013

Smokey eyes

I love the smokey eye make up look for autumn winter! I in fact wear this look pretty much all year round but just use lighter shades in the spring/summer months. 

Above is my lighter shade smokey eye look. I know it is not the traditional smokey eye, but I still class it as a smokey eye due to the black liner and darker shade on the crease of my lid. 

For this look, I firstly fill the inside of my eyelid with Rimmel black kohl eyeliner. This really helps to bein out the colours in my eyes. I then use my MAC eyeshadow brush to apply a matte gold colour out of my Kardashian Beauty Khloe palette. I then apply the light shimmer over the top, from the same palette. I finish off the shadow with the light brown colour from the kardashian palette in the crease of my lid and also spread it out a bit towards my brow bone at the edge of my eye. I then apply the black kohl eyeliner into a cat eye look to finish it off and apply a light shimmer around the corner of my eyes to brighten them. I like a lot of mascara so I also apply a lot of that too. This picture below illustrates how I do this look...


For the traditional smokey eye look, I searched online for inspiration. I found a couple of pictures which helped me to achieve the look....
I would wear this make up in the evening when going out. I personally feel it is too harsh for every day wear and enjoy dramatising my look for night time. 
Pictured here is my evening meal smokey eye look, using the same Kardashian palette as listed above and using the same method but with the darker shades. I also apply lashings of mascara. 

For a meal, I don't go too dark with my smokey eye look, but for a night out I would go even darker and use false eyelashes too! I will post this look at the weekend as I use a different palette for this make up. 

What kind of look is your favourite?
Thanks for reading,
Saffron xoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment